Thursday, April 17, 2014

Texting In The Gym


Its one thing if you're listening to music, but texting at the gym is something that I find completely absurd. Why on earth should you be on your phone when you're supposed to be exercising?! Going to the gym should be about you, and nobody else. A time to blow off steam and block all outside distractions. Ive seen people even as far as walking on the treadmill while texting. Seems a bit counterproductive if you ask me. I feel as though people who post things about going to the gym on social network don't even go to the gym they just do it for the attention. Where can we draw the line and come to grips with the fact that at some points in our day we should put the phone down and focus on ourselves for a bit. You really can't be getting that good of a workout if you're in the middle of a text conversation.

As convient as it may be to always have your cell phone with you at all times I believe that there comes a time where we should put the phone down and do what it is we intended to do. I see it in myself when I am in the process of writing a paper. Why on earth must I check my Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook constantly watching the same news feed pop up. Its absurd and distracting. However we must learn to train ourselves that there needs to be alone time without our phones to accomplish what is it we want todo. Below are some memes I found online that I thought were funny. Hope I'm not the only one noticing this tradegy!

No comments:

Post a Comment